[crossfire] Problem in a new Linux Crossfire server. Help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed May 25 20:24:08 CDT 2005

Alberto Sáez Lodeiros wrote:

     Hi again friends.

     I have uninstalled my Debian Sarge to install Mandriva 10.2. But

     before that, I created a backup of all important data, including

     crossfire server data. In this data i included the "players"

     directory.

     Now, once installed Crossfire server again in Mandriva, I'va copied

     the players folder to /usr/games/crossfire/var/crossfire/players, and

     overwrite all its contents.

     All is good, i can enter game with my old account, and i have the same

     things in inventory, but the problem is that i can't enter my city

     appartament in Scorn, i must pay for it again.

     What is wrong?

     One possibility you have missed the other files in the "players"
directory that aren't *.pl
This may or may not be related to the problem, but when doing such
upgrades, the "unique-items" directory should also be copied. It would
also help if you checked what the console of the server is saying when
it loads the apartment map.

       Alex Schultz (aka Rednaxela)