[crossfire] Create food / alchemy abuse?

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 20:56:46 CDT 2005

This sounds like a rather good solution!

--- Alex Schultz <

     alex_sch at telus.net

      Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      > Same player on Metalforge that reported talisman

      issue also showed

      > alchmy-related one.

      > Player can easily use 'create mandrake root', and

      'create booze' and

      > things like that to make potions of cure disease.

      > Thus again much money gained, for a real low risk.

      > I thought items created with 'create food' were

      god-given?

      Both I and eracc (poof or galahad on MF) have known

      about the fact that

      "create food" items being usable for alchemy for a

      long while now.

      Neither of us have really considered it a bug. We've

      done it for things

      like water of the wise and some others, but those

      alone aren't very

      profitable, though they are good for getting parts

      for other alchemy

      recipes. It seems you've stumbled across a highly

      profitable one

      compared to the ones eracc and I have been using for

      making alchemy parts.

      I don't consider this to be bug that create food

      spells can be used in

      alchemy, however I'm thinking that something need to

      be done to increase

      risk to those using it. One possible solution to

      this that I just

      thought of, would be making the items made by create

      food cursed a

      portion of the time to mess up people trying to

      abuse it for alchemy (as

      those who do alchemy should know well... throwing

      cured items into the

      mix can sure mess somebody up)

             Alex Schultz (aka Rednaxela)

      crossfire at metalforge.org