[crossfire] Create food / alchemy abuse?

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Fri May 27 02:35:15 CDT 2005

        Note however that booze is very common.  Mandrake root is rarer, but can still

      be found now and again in shops - even buying from a shop, probably still make

      money in the deal.

Indeed, mandrake root isn't that unusual, but players can make some hundred (i think) with one create food (low food value). So it beats buying in shops by far :)

        Another option would be to make it more difficult to make cure disease potions.

        However, these last two options aren't all that appealing - we don't really

      want to make it really hard to make alchemy items.

I'd say the best way would be to forbid making alchemy items with items created by create food. But then we need to track that. Could we simply change the item's name? Like 'created mandrake root'? This way item has all properties set, but can't be used by alchemy (which uses name). Will also make sure the value of 0 is known.
Or we could simply check the item's value, too - set to 0 by create food.

Nicolas