[crossfire] Create food / alchemy abuse?

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Sun May 29 03:59:58 CDT 2005

On 5/27/05, Alex Schultz <

     alex_sch at telus.net

     > wrote:

      Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      To summarize my ranting, I think that alchemy parts are overall more

      than rare enough already

Yes, there are parts that are hard to find. Perhaps a better way of
fixing this would not be to make the ingredients more avaliable, but
to make there be more formulae, so there are more chances of what you
have being a valid recipe.

      *however* alchemy shouldn't be possible to do purely with created items.

Correct. Any changes to fix this probably belong in the formulae file,
not code itself, which seems to be working well. If someone has a
spare afternoon they could go through the formulae file and archetypes
file and expand the formulae recipes to make it possible to create
more items with alchemy or invent new ways of making the items.