[crossfire] Buildable savebeds

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Sun May 29 05:15:39 CDT 2005

On 5/29/05, Lalo Martins <

     lalo at laranja.org

      <quote who="Anton Oussik">

      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com

      > wrote:

      > In that case in order for it to be an alternative that characters may

      > actually take there needs to also be some sort of travellers backpack,

      > which can hold lots but you can only carry one of them.

      > Perhaps make a special player class which gets their backpack as

      > startequip and has their first tent in their equipment?

      now that sounds good.  But what would be the DISadvantage?  Inability to

      buy apartments?  (That would require some coding, but I could do it).  Or

      just less money?  (That's too easy to work around...)

Good question. Players selecting that class just to increase their
carry limit and then proceeding to play as before is the last thing we
want. Inability to buy apartments is a good idea. It can be introduced
into the game consistently by outputting a message to a player who
tries to buy an apartment along the lines of them feeling ill of being
constrained to such a confined space.

Upon joining a guild or buying an old-style apartment/castle the
players will get a permanent apartment anyhow though, and that may
make this player class an attractive guild class. This certainly
requires more thought.