[crossfire] Re: Introducing item fatigue

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 07:51:01 CST 2005

And so says Yann Chachkoff on 11/20/05 20:55...

      - Every complex action generates an amount of fatigue proportional to its

      difficulty;

       A cauldron is made of metal. You put it on fire, throw ingredients that react

      sometimes very savagely inside and apply magical forces as well on it

      whenever you use one for alchemy. It thus sounds reasonable that it slowly

      degrades with use up to a point it isn't reliable anymore. I see this as a

      two-fold process:

On the other hand, if the cauldron lasts long enough, it becomes
"seasoned" - better than a new one.  The same would apply for shoes,
tools, and even some weapons.

This thought about item fatigue, combined with the former quote about
creature fatigue, suggests that maybe experience could be tied to
fatigue.  I don't know how exactly to do it in terms of rules, but
basically, if you "fatigue" your cauldron and then take proper care of
it (recovering the fatigue), it gains some "experience".

For creatures, it's much simpler; the experience you get should be
proportional to the fatigue, which is already covered in your idea.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
     http://www.laranja.org/
               mailto: