[crossfire] New movement code.

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 09:23:08 CDT 2005

Also I think one should get tired whilst swimming, and
if exausted sink to the bottom of davey jones locker.

--- Alex Schultz <
     alex_sch at telus.net

      <
      temitchell at sympatico.ca
      > wrote:
     >

      >>> I would advocate that only  the shallow sea

      should be swimmable.

      >> Could seas use the same approach as swamps? That

      when a player starts

      >> walking into them, they stand a chance to sink

      slightly, and if they

      >> keep going, they die? This would effectively stop

      long distance

      >> swimming
     >

      >  Yes, perhaps.
     >

      >  That said, what should probably be done is that

      the swimming skill

      > requires arms, feet, body, etc, be free -

      basically, player has to

      > unequip most everything to be able to use the

      swimming skill.

      What about characters without such slots? (i.e.

      dragons)

      Alex Schutlz

      crossfire at metalforge.org