[crossfire] Re: Quest to aquire swimming skill (should be lvl 80+)

Joshua Wilson josh at woosworld.net
Mon Oct 17 13:44:38 CDT 2005

While I agree that more higher level activities would be fun, I don't
know that swimming is that hard to learn.  :-)

Mitch Obrian wrote:

      Perhapse we should make a quest to aquire the swimming

      skill (and only have said scroll appear 1/16 times or

      1/32 times (easily done with boulders :) )). Perhapse

      it should involve that water goddess (perhapse you

      must slay her (or her aura) in her water palace?)).

      Imho it should be level 80 or higher (perhapse level

      115).

      Thoughts?

      --- Mitch Obrian <
      mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
      > wrote:

     Also I think one should get tired whilst swimming,

     and

     if exausted sink to the bottom of davey jones

     locker.

     --- Alex Schultz <
      alex_sch at telus.net
      > wrote:

     Mark Wedel wrote:

     Brendan Lally wrote:

     On 10/16/05, Todd Mitchell

     <
      temitchell at sympatico.ca
      > wrote:

     I would advocate that only  the shallow sea

     should be swimmable.

     Could seas use the same approach as swamps?

     That

     when a player starts

     walking into them, they stand a chance to sink

     slightly, and if they

     keep going, they die? This would effectively

     stop

     long distance

     swimming

      Yes, perhaps.

      That said, what should probably be done is that

     the swimming skill

     requires arms, feet, body, etc, be free -

     basically, player has to

     unequip most everything to be able to use the

     swimming skill.

     What about characters without such slots? (i.e.

     dragons)

     Alex Schutlz

      crossfire at metalforge.org

     Yahoo! Music Unlimited