[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Sebastian Andersson bofh-reg-crossfire-dev at diegeekdie.com
Tue Oct 18 09:01:12 CDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 01:47:21PM +0100, Brendan Lally wrote:

      >   - Do we allow same sex marriges (I can see valriel rejecting them)?

      I can only assume this is an attempt to provoke an off-topic flamewar.

      I shall simply state that it is ahistorical, without precedent in any

      society that approximates the technological state where crossfire is

      set (medieval europe/renaissence - with the odd 17th century-ism)

As far as I remember, I've never heard of any society where they
summoned demons, then casted meteor swarms on them, so I don't think any
"history" argument is relevant, but if one is interested, wikipedia has
an article about it:
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage#History_of_same-sex_unions

Personaly I don't see why it should not be allowed. If it is to be
disallowed, sex has to be introduced first (and better text handling).

/Sebastian
--
                             .oooO o,o Oooo.  Ad:
     http://dum.acc.umu.se/

"Life is not fair, but root   \ (  /|\  ) / (o_   //\
password helps!" -- The BOFH   \_)     (_/  (/)_  V_/_