[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 12:01:30 CDT 2005

CF "Marraige" will promote online infidelity and
offline adultery. (/me dislikes it in muds, one of the
few things he wouldn't take from muds).

--- Sebastian Andersson
<
     bofh-reg-crossfire-dev at diegeekdie.com
     > wrote:

      On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 01:47:21PM +0100, Brendan

      Lally wrote:

      > >   - Do we allow same sex marriges (I can see

      valriel rejecting them)?

      > I can only assume this is an attempt to provoke an

      off-topic flamewar.

      > I shall simply state that it is ahistorical,

      without precedent in any

      > society that approximates the technological state

      where crossfire is

      > set (medieval europe/renaissence - with the odd

      17th century-ism)

      As far as I remember, I've never heard of any

      society where they

      summoned demons, then casted meteor swarms on them,

      so I don't think any

      "history" argument is relevant, but if one is

      interested, wikipedia has

      an article about it:

     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage#History_of_same-sex_unions

      Personaly I don't see why it should not be allowed.

      If it is to be

      disallowed, sex has to be introduced first (and

      better text handling).

      /Sebastian

      --

                                   .oooO o,o Oooo.  Ad:

      http://dum.acc.umu.se/

      (o_

      "Life is not fair, but root   \ (  /|\  ) / (o_

      //\

      password helps!" -- The BOFH   \_)     (_/  (/)_

      V_/_

      crossfire at metalforge.org