[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 10:13:52 CDT 2005

/me dislikes this whole marraige in crossfire idea.
Indeed, it is one thing I dislike about many muds.
I don't want to be reminded of marraige and divorce in
the gameworld.

--- Brendan Lally <
     brenlally at gmail.com

      On 10/18/05, Tchize <
      tchize at myrealbox.com
      > wrote:
     >
      > Brendan Lally a écrit :
     >

      > Depends on culture, in some countries, girls were

      married at age of 13

      > not so long ago.

      Yes, but girls also didn't go around slaying orcs

      and goblins before then.

      Men didn't either, but they did kill other humans

      and animals.

      > Crossfire still have no gender. More serious

      question, do we allow

      > cross-races
     >
      > mariage?

      Maybe partially, where the race is similar. (humans

      and elves, dwarfs

      and gnomes)

      of course, there should be penalties involved,

      probably to effective

      charisma as NPCs are repulsed by such miscegenation

      > >>  - Divorces. Let's face it, relationships do

      not last for ever, and

      > >>you may decide to go your own ways. Should there

      be a mechanism for

      > >>terminating a marriage?
     >

      > Kill your husband/wife?

      What about respawning? Indeed, should such things

      only last until the

      next time you die? (granted, this isn't so much of

      an issue on a

      permadeath server).

      crossfire at metalforge.org