[crossfire] Love and marriage, love and marriage...

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:47:26 CDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Sebastian Andersson <
     bofh-reg-crossfire-dev at diegeekdie.com
     > wrote:

      On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 01:47:21PM +0100, Brendan Lally wrote:

      > >   - Do we allow same sex marriges (I can see valriel rejecting them)?
     >

      > I can only assume this is an attempt to provoke an off-topic flamewar.
     >

      > I shall simply state that it is ahistorical, without precedent in any
     >
      > society that approximates the technological state where crossfire is
     >
      > set (medieval europe/renaissence - with the odd 17th century-ism)

      As far as I remember, I've never heard of any society where they

      summoned demons, then casted meteor swarms on them, so I don't think any

      "history" argument is relevant,

Yet you would think it strange if in the world of crossfire, gold was
not valued, and things made of gold, not prized above more mundane
items, despite its inferior strength as a metalworking material.

      but if one is interested, wikipedia has

      an article about it:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage#History_of_same-sex_unions

None of these are marriage, but are instead more like that of the
relationship between a mentor and appretice, some of them taken to a
sexual level.

There are numerous other NPOV violations in this article (such as
linking to a map that uses a prejudical colouring scheme) that suggest
it requires significant editing.

      sex has to be introduced first (and better text handling).

I'm not quite sure how those two follow on from each other... are you
thinking of new attack messages?