[crossfire] fatigue

tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Tue Sep 6 02:34:32 CDT 2005

Le Mardi 6 Septembre 2005 06:37, Mark Wedel a écrit :

        While mental fatigue makes realistic sense, as said, for a playable game, I'm

      not sure it adds anything.

It adds, but this is already taken into account, in a smart disguised way.

        If I have to rest my character for 10 minutes every hour, that is just

      annoying and doesn't really add much.  I just put my character in a safe place

      and go off and do something else.

        Or it means I sit my character around for a while before I save or whatever else.

        The idea of physical fatigue is being discussed as a balancing issue (eg,

      shouldn't be able to fly or swim all day).  I think there is some need to

      balance that, and also apply same rule to other physical activities in the game.

Agree: physical activity, right now, is the only main component not needing recharging.
I think we can consider mental fatigue is already taken into account in the fact you need
to reload your mana or pray for your grace to increase (btw, i think grace increases too easily for
now, it's too easy to cast then prayer spell than pray 3 seconds then recast. This is non sense :p,
in role playing praying take at least 1/2 hour on games like add :D)

        I don't recall there being any issue of balance with characters being able to

      stay awake all the time, and thus, I don't see mental fatigue as something that

      is really needing fixing right now.

Well, may i speak about a particular player asking Mids to restore a backup of his character because
he felt aslept on keyboard and died of starvation the whole night, losing about 50 levels :p

      crossfire at metalforge.org