[crossfire] Server map redo: movement types

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Tue Sep 6 19:15:29 CDT 2005

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Mark Wedel wrote:

       One could argue that given the choice, you'd almost always want to

      fly over water than swim anyways.

      I see that as an issue in itself - flying then becomes the preferred

      movement type.  Now maybe if you were easier to hit with missiles when

      flying and/or also easier to push around (knockback code has modifier

      for friction I believe) it might be more attractive to swim

      sometimes.  If you can't pick up things, are easier to hit and can get

      blow about then flying is a bit more balanced.  If you got some cover

      when swimming it might make it even better.

Actually, I remember checking at that friction code once, it already
does account for flying if I remember correctly.

      Yes in most cases (like mountains) you would simply be stuck until you

      could fly again.  If over shallow water you might be able to swim.  If

      flying over deep water you would be in trouble - this is a good thing

      however I think - it means you better be careful flying over deep

      water.  Flying over hostile terrain you would take the appropriate

      damage each turn until you could get off the terrain.

What do you mean by hostile? Do you mean like flying over a goblin or
something?

Alex Schultz