[crossfire] Server map redo: movement types

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Sep 7 01:11:01 CDT 2005

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      Alex Schultz wrote:

      What do you mean by hostile? Do you mean like flying over a goblin or

      something?

      I meant landing on terrain that causes damage like cold or fire damage -

      also for things like wasteland which or very high mountains which might

      do damage too.  I don't think you should be able to land on a goblin,

      you would bounce to the nearest free space no? - it does raise the

      question what happens if you run out of energy and drop into a crowded

      room where there is no free space...

  How often does that really happen?

  One could argue the need for a ceiling height parameter, or to disallow flying
indoors (ceiling not high enough).  But that would require updating a lot of maps.

  Just a note, case you describe right now actually isn't that different when
you enter a map saturated with monsters - you will often just be put on top of
the monster.