[crossfire] mapguide/director question

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Sep 14 21:24:53 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have a question about this exert from the mapguide:

    /12) Do not put directors with bullet, lightning, fireball, etc. that
    are a loop or continuous.  Example:  Do not have two directors, each
    facing each other, with a bullet wall firing into them at the side.
    /

Why is this a problem? I saw what was written below it, but don't
bullets and fireballs and such explode after traveling for a bit?

The reason I am asking this, is because I am thinking of adding a new
type of spell, that makes some bullets/fireballs/orsomethinglikethat,
fly around you in a circle, making use of new director functionality I'm
working on (allows directors to only affect a specific arch). Anybody
see any issues with this? And would rule 12 of the mapguide interfere or
would it be fine because the directors would only exist for a short
finite time?

    Thanks,
        Alex Schultz