[crossfire] mapguide/director question

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Thu Sep 15 01:13:56 CDT 2005

Alex Schultz wrote:

      I don't see how it could be that bad either: I'm testing firing

      missile swarm (about the most projectile intensive spell there is),

      into a tight 3 director loop, and my server barely gets up to 2% cpu

      usage.  Large fireball fired as rapidly as can be by a signal player's

      natural casting can't push it over 1.3% cpu, and even with all this,

      the idle cpu usage is 1%. Really, unless lots of monsters are casting,

      or if it's meteor swarm with it's massive amount of fire, I don't see

      how this could be a problem.

And one other curious statistic to add:
I tested level 12 MS with that too, and no matter how much I tried I
couldn't get cpu usage over 13%, However then I tried with level 112 and
that brought it up to 100% cpu, due to the increase in number of meteors
with level.
Overall from what I can tell, directors have little effect on all this
other than that they prevent if from hitting a exploding/disappearing
for longer, which could be simulated anyways by casting out into the
open in bigworld.

Alex Schultz