[crossfire] Summon pet monster

Mitch Obrian mikeeusaaa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 12:07:05 CDT 2005

Resistances are bad, I agree. That would basically
make all maps in the game worthlessly easy. Same with
upping ring power. One has to, as of now, search for
good rings which, I think, is the correct way. If
anything CF needs to be made harder.

--- Nicolas Weeger <

     nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

     > wrote:

      Hello.

      >  The first one allow you to summon pet that are of

      lower

      level that the

      > current pet you can summon. It is mainly a one

      line patch

      that use the

      > same argument that create food or create weapon

      use.

      Saw it on SF, sounds ok.

      >  The second one allow to use argument with the

      cast command

      so that you

      > can use:

      Isn't there already a field in player structure for

      spell

      argument? used when spells have delays, iirc.

      >  Now, I plan to create Enchant Ring and Enchant

      Amulet

      scrolls that

      > would work like Enchant Weapon, but because it

      demands a

      little more work

      > than for the 2 previous patch, I'd like to know if

      those

      scrolls would

      > be Ok. I'd like to also implement think like

      Improve

      resistance to `foo'

      > for Weapons, but once again, would that be Ok?

      I'd say you must take care of the overall game

      balance.

      Rings and amulets may already be quite powerful,

      probably

      don't want to give too much new & powerful stuff.

      As for resistances, i'd say rather no. Unless well

      though, it

      could lead to have really high resistances almost

      everywhere,

      thus making everything too easy.

      >  And at least, I have a question, does there

      exists a way to

      force the

      > client to wear a particular holy symbol whenever

      possible.

      Right now,

      > whenever I change skill, even if I do not need any

      object to

      get my new

      > skill, my holy symbol is unapplied, which is quite

      a problem

      when the

      > holy symbol does a lot more than give the skill

      praying...

      Afaik no. And yes it's quite a pain.

      Maybe something to change, ie whenever you cast a

      spell or

      something a talisman is autoapplied.

      Nicolas

      Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste :

      www.laposte.net ;

      3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50

      (0,34€/mn)

      crossfire at metalforge.org