[crossfire] Crossfire Release Cycles/Methodology

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Aug 9 00:47:01 CDT 2006

  Some of SVN big advantages appears to be able to work offline (keeps copy of
data you checked out around so you can do diffs without needing connection, as
well as ungets).  Some of the other features may not make as big a difference to
us - ability to use different connection methods (that really is up to the
hosting agent) and better binary support.

  But the fact it doesn't do branching as well as CVS is probably a major
shortcoming, especially since we are looking at needing to use branches a lot more.

  I'm not sure about the other systems out there - once can spend a lot of time
looking over all the documentation, etc.  AS with our last discussion, I'm most
inclined to stick with CVS since we know what it does and doesn't have any real
major shortcomings (it works right now).