[crossfire] Player file corruption

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Dec 2 13:11:39 CST 2006

> Fixing code should be easy, but fixing players will probably require a
> script to strip the last_grace/last_sp/last_eat fields from players's
> spells. Another messy option is to reset at loading fields, but i'm not
> that eager to do that, as it's a ponctual fix...

Ok, fixed the code by adding a structure storing spell state sent to server.
Since this is an internal information, not stored, it'd be easy to change
should the need arise.

Now we should fix player files, so probably a script. Anyone feeling like
doing that? :) Affected values that should be removed are last_grace, last_sp
and last_eat
Basically we should:
* check maps for special spells with special values for those
* strip information from player files, unless it's that special spell :)

Note that spells which normally have such a field set will simply reset to
normal value through the archetype being all right.

Nicolas