[crossfire] Transports

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Wed Feb 1 17:38:39 CST 2006

Mark Wedel wrote:

>1) I had thought about transports having maps associated with them (map of a
>ship, etc).  But that adds a lot of complication - first, you need to somehow
>make those maps unique, update exits, etc.  But also, you get issues of actual
>appearance.  IMO, when driving around/whatever, you just want a relative small
>thing moving about.  So you would have the case that you enter/board the ship,
>it takes you to a new map, but then to sail it, you then have to transition back
>to it just being the ship icon, not the entire map.  To me, this just adds a lot
>of complication without adding a whole bunch.

Well, IMHO this may not add too much for the player to use, but I can
see it as something that would add alot of depth to the gameplay. Not
sure how worth it it would be to do though, as it is indeed alot of
complication, though I would say it would certainly improve the player
experience.

Alex Schultz