[crossfire] RFC: gtk client with gtk2

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Feb 10 00:01:48 CST 2006

Lalo Martins wrote:

> - IIRC, there was some bogosity with the autotools support - the person
> who wrote the patch doesn't know enough autotools to add the proper
> checks.  I can volunteer to do this, but if someone else who's better at
> it than me wants to do it, even better.

  There are already checks for gtk2 and the like for the gtk2 client - I'd think
those defines coudl be re-used.

> So, if we can get around these three items, can we commit the gtk2
> support to CVS?

  One question I have is whether this removes the ability to compile the client
with gtk1.  Granted, gtk1 is fairly out of date, but if this change requires
people have gtk2, that probably needs to be pretty clearly stated.  IT may be
reasonable to say we don't support gtk1 anymore.