[crossfire] RFC: gtk client with gtk2

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Feb 21 15:55:51 CST 2006

Hello.

>   Does it really make sense to support both SDL & Opengl?  I know SDL is suppose
> to be cross platform, but I'm not sure if the window ports/releases Ryo does
> actually support SDL.

Current Windows build don't use SDL for graphics, no
(not talking music here, though it could be used for that)

The issue is embedding the displayed picture in the GTK dialog. There's
a hack for it under Linux, and I couldn't make it work under Windows. I
know samples exist of that, but no luck so far. Therefore I just decided
to use the GTK approach.

Nicolas