[crossfire] Re: Lalo's Bigworld pupland :D

Miguel Ghobangieno mikeeusaa at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 09:56:18 CST 2006

I strongly prefer keeping the poles as is. As they are
now they are at poles on the map. If you're going to
add to the magnetic north of the contenet(spelling
error) could you also add water to the west so we keep
having a square map.

Having parts of pupland cold doesn't bother me much...
what you could do is shift the important parts
magnetic east. There are beach/vacation resorts in new
jersy for some reason, even though it gets cold
sometimes.

Also could you test to make sure weather 5 works well
etc (including the generated pictures). It may need a
little revamp to recognise the new stuff.

Crossfire's world, if it even is round, has it's axis
at 45 degrees but it's magnetic north at 0 degrees.
The old empire relied heavily on compasses, a
technology first imported from the conqured region of
Navar (navar was an outlying province then... they
broke away since... like most areas). Magnetic north
came to be known as simply "north". People usually
don't venture into the strange super cold regions of
the world, and take little note of true north.