[crossfire] Moving server towards a modularized system?

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:57:44 CST 2006

On 1/18/06, tchize <tchize at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Having to grep throught to code to guess where you have to add your new
> features is a symptom of upcoming code management problems.

I agree on this point, however I suspect that much of this could be
avoided by simply shifting a few functions and #define's around, much
of what exists currently has been grandfathered into various parts of
the code (look at include/define.h for a good example of this) moving
these into more logical locations (or maybe even just documented
locations) would help in finding various parts of the source code.

Likewise moving things around could probably reduce the number of
functions which are called from different files, improving the
usefulness of text-editor based find tools.