[crossfire] Some pending patches on tracker

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Jul 30 00:44:33 CDT 2006

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1428566&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> new face for booze.
>
> Looks ok to me, though maybe we want items to be seen from left/horizontally,
> instead of top-down like monsters?

  Like most things, this can be a matter of opinion.  I do think that generally
objects that players pick up should be given more a left/direct on view (not
slanted).  I think that matches how most other pickable objects are done (armor,
potions, etc).

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1526745&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> new serpentman images
>
> They look much better than the ones we got, i'm for'em!!

  Looks fine to me.

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1216811&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> send more detailed information to client
>
> It's broken apparently
> Also there was no consensus on whether we do want to send more information to
> client or not

  Given it is broken and unclear if such a change is a good thing, I'd be
inclined to just close it out.

> ---------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1382884&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> changes to wraith race
>
> Anyone tried it, and noticed any unwanted effect?

  Wonder if anyone tried it out.

  Given it changes existing wraith players to some extent (although it appears
not really in an incompatible way) change should be carefully considered (and/or
going with the recent discussion on different trees, only go in the tree for
next major release, once that is set up.)

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1424583&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> ipv6 support
>
> Anyone have issues with that still?

  I wonder how many people are using ipv6 so this may not be something that is
tested/used a lot?  Still good to have.  Wonder if metaserver (or an ipv6
metaserver) change would be needed also.