[crossfire] Some pending patches on tracker

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 21:43:19 CDT 2006

On 7/29/06, Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) <nicolas.weeger at laposte.net> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Here are some patches i'd like opinions on:
>
> -------------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1389033&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> New coins.
>
> I see no reason to not commit'em, it makes it easier to carry money :)

The new coins where not meant to be given out by stores as change
(except possibly if the store is very rich), which happens with this
patch.  Before the new coins can be used someone has to modify the
code so the new coins are not normaly given out by stores.

> ------------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1428566&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> new face for booze.
>
> Looks ok to me, though maybe we want items to be seen from left/horizontally,
> instead of top-down like monsters?

Items with a top-down perspective look good in the inventory, but look
a bit weird IMO on the map.

> ------------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1389432&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> per-race hall of selection
>
> I like the idea, and think it should be committed (note that patch doesn't
> work, conflict in main.c, but shouldn't be hard to fix)

I'd say commit it, then somebody design the halls.

> -----------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1497089&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> fix for some random items
>
> Indeed a weapon from Gaea is kind of weird :)

I say commit.  Gaea is supposed to be peaceful, and AFAIK there is no
role playing background to this.  For the alchemy recipes that
reference the items removed from the game, change it to some other
comparable item.

> ----------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1526745&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> new serpentman images
>
> They look much better than the ones we got, i'm for'em!!

I would commit.

> ----------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1073461&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> pshop floor2
>
> Now that's an old one, but should be committed imo

The original mapper has some plans for floor2 (an actual shop), so I
wouldn't commit this.  Instead, set it to either pending or closed.

> -----------------------------------
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1216811&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> send more detailed information to client
>
> It's broken apparently
> Also there was no consensus on whether we do want to send more information to
> client or not

This would make scripting, and bots (except for implementing the
protocol) a bit easier.  Otherwise it makes the protocol more complex.

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1382884&group_id=13833&atid=313833
> changes to wraith race
>
> Anyone tried it, and noticed any unwanted effect?

I think this was still under debate.  Looks fine to me though, but it
may upset some existing players.  Also make sure that the player
description is changed for wraiths, so the new features are noted.

Andrew Fuchs