[crossfire] destructor archetype?

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 12 09:39:39 CDT 2006

Hi,
looking at your mail, if think several things need improvement and might
be worth a RFE
- creator should be extended to behave the opposite way depending on a flag
- note the chek_inv can already destroy the checked item depending on a flag
- altar should be extend to accept a 'delay' or event to be triggered
- teleporter and other thingies interacting with object 'on top of them'
should be extended to restrict the object they can interact on
- mover should be triggerable if not yet done, and should also be
modified to accept some 'filter' to apply to objects it apply to (same
as teleporter above).

Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> Unless I am mistaken, there is no arch that can act as the opposite of the
> "creator" arch.  Or at least I could not find one.  The "creator" creates a
> new object when it is triggered.  I would like to have a "destructor" that
> can remove a specific object when it is triggered.  If such a thing does not
> exist yet, I would like to create it.
>
> Here are several cases in which a "destructor" could be useful:
> - A detector/check_inv connected to a destructor can have the same effect
>   as an altar, except that it is possible to introduce a delay between
>   dropping the item and destroying it (using the well-known hidden machinery
>   with spikes and boulders or other objects), or to add additional
>   conditions such as requiring the player to move away from the altar before
>   the sacrifice is accepted.
> - With a creator and a destructor at the same location, it would be possible
>   to make some object appear or disappear using the appropriate triggers.

Same effect can be achieved with a pair of teleporters
> - The creation/destruction could be done in a cyclic way (using external
>   machinery providing the timers).  This could be fun if the blinking object
>   is a light source.
> - If the object that is created/destroyed is a mover, it would be possible
>   to make some NPCs follow some specific paths and stop or go depending on
>   the actions of the player: create the movers when the NPC should move,
>   then destroy them afterwards.

I think you can 'trigger' the mover, but not sure.