[crossfire] destructor archetype?

Raphaël Quinet raphael at gimp.org
Mon Jun 12 14:03:27 CDT 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:39:39 +0200, Tchize <tchize at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> looking at your mail, if think several things need improvement and might
> be worth a RFE
> - creator should be extended to behave the opposite way depending on a flag

This is probably not necessary if the duplicator can already do that.
Having a flag in the creator would be more discoverable (at least I think
that I would have found it much faster) but I do not know if it is worth
the trouble.

> - note the chek_inv can already destroy the checked item depending on a flag

Sure.  However, like the altar, the check_inv can only trigger an event
and cannot be triggered (which is what I was looking for).

> - altar should be extend to accept a 'delay' or event to be triggered

I think that the duplicator can already handle all cases in which an altar
with a delay or external trigger could be used.

> - teleporter and other thingies interacting with object 'on top of them'
> should be extended to restrict the object they can interact on

Yes.  Teleporters could use "other_arch".

> - mover should be triggerable if not yet done, and should also be
> modified to accept some 'filter' to apply to objects it apply to (same
> as teleporter above).

Yes, both of these could be useful: "connected" and "other_arch".  Movers
could also use the "slaying" field if we want to filter on other things
than the archetype, such as the object's name.

-Raphaël