[crossfire] destructor archetype?

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Jun 12 17:47:18 CDT 2006

Tchize wrote:

> - mover should be triggerable if not yet done, and should also be
> modified to accept some 'filter' to apply to objects it apply to (same
> as teleporter above).

I already implemented a filter on both movers and directors and that has
been in CVS for a while. It is capable of searching any combination of
arch, name, and/or race via a bitmask. Here's a quote from my
documentation in doc/Developers/object:

 subtype: a bitmask that specifies which of arch, name, and race affect the
         race and slaying flags. If unspecified (or zero), all will be
searched.
     The LSB is arch, the next bit is name, and the third bit is for race.
     Table for the lazy:
         subtype 1: only arch
         subtype 2: only name
         subtype 3: arch or name
         subtype 4: only race
         subtype 5: arch or race
         subtype 6: name or race
         subtype 7: all three

 race: only affect objects with a arch/name/race matching this.

 slaying: don't affect objects with a arch/name/race matching this.

Alex Schultz