[crossfire] Player-owner shop proof of concept

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Mar 18 10:39:07 CST 2006

Hello.

I just made a small proof-of-concept of player-owned shop, attached to
that mail. Just a map and 2 Python scripts.

Basically: mark an item, go to the table, say "sell <price in silver
coins>", then drop the item anywhere.

To buy, it behaves exactly like a regular shop (well, right now, if you
don't have enough money to exit, you'll stay on the mat, but apart that
it's ok...).
Only use top mat to buy, as I didn't hook the script to the bottom one.

Note that you can sell for any price, but when bought the price is reset
to real price - don't ask me why I did that, I guess I don't want prices
too strange.

Things I'm thinking to improve:
* concept of shop owner
* put paid money in a pile owner only can pick (obvious)
* regular fee for shop to be opened (equivalent to paying an employee to
run the shop?)

Not putting it on tracker, as I want comments and will improve/change in
the next days/weeks at most (so it won't be lost :p)

Nicolas