[crossfire] Weather usability was: [Idea] Spells inmediate effects

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Mar 23 00:43:59 CST 2006

Miguel Ghobangieno wrote:

> Oh I'd like to beable to set it so arrows, bolts, and
> shooting spells can traverse water. Could we have new
> movement types: arrow(or projectile) etc. projectile
> probably would be fine. I tried to do it my self
> hoping that the movement code used key value... :(

It seems you are mixing two things here - the movement type, and what can move
onto the space.

  Adding new movement types isn't hard, but the blocking for many arches would
have to be updated.    And I'm not sure that having a whole bunch of movement
types is the correct approach (one problem that can still happen even in that
model is someone creates an object that gives player the projectile movement).

  To me, the right approach would be to add some new flags - we already have
things like no magic, so extend that with things like no_player and/or no_monster.