[crossfire] Jeweler skill

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 24 04:15:02 CST 2006

Be carefull with this, you probably want to check the weapon improvement
code. To increase from nothing to str+1, you not only need str potion
(3*aimed level if i remember well?) but you have to prepare the weapon
by sacrificing a good amount of diamonds.

You can also make a difficulty roll on the skill based on skill level,
with the risk to badly alter the ring if failed.
I like the idea of creating ring, but your suggested costs if far too
small considering the power you have when you create the ring!
Also, rings amulets and improved weapons are a good way to ge over the
race limitation on characteristic. If you make it too easy to create
improved rings, like ring (str+3)(for+3)(wis+3)(resist paralysis
+100)(resist fire +100)(resist cold +100) (resist electricity+100)

creating ring bringing XP? That's discussable, that mean in the end, the
xp can be bought :/ (buy rings, ingredients, modify some rings, you got
XP without getting in danger...). But that could be ok, considering you
can also do that reading books...