[crossfire] [Re] Jeweler skill

Robin Redeker elmex at ta-sa.org
Fri Mar 24 05:38:55 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:04:42PM +0100, Alberto Sáez Lodeiros wrote:
> The jeweler skill can be use for some things like those:
>
> 1.- More Jeweler skill will allow the player to modify  more powerfull
> rings/amulets

How should the 'power' be calculated? item_power? (if item_power, i
      would recommend item_power/2 or something similar fair)

> 2.- The player can fail to apply the modification. With more Jeweler skill,
> the player will fail less. To fail a modification can destroy or make a
> cursed/bad ring/amulet
>
> 3.- If the player needs some "ingredients" to modify a ring, for example
> [Ring+30Acid] + [Scroll of Resist Fire] + [10 Saphires] =
> [Ring+30Acid+10Fire], then, with more skill at Jeweler, you will need less
> Sapphires

Yes! Exactly my ideas! Scrolls are an even better idea, as some
resistancies aren't aviable as potions... propably potions and
scrolls...

> 4.- Initially, you can only make simple rings. This is, you can only modify
> rings in one aspect, for example, only adding one ressitance, +1 STR,
> etc..., but if you level up, you will be allowed to make more complex
> modifications, for expample, adding more than one resistance plus two or
> more Stats or all you want.
> *
> And all this gives me a cool idea, but i dont know if its implementation is
> hard or not.
[...]

Thats an good idea! But that requires more changes than i want to do at
the moment. Propably after i implemented a plugin with points 1-3.

Robin

elmex at ta-sa.org / robin at nethype.de / r.redeker at gmail.com
Robin Redeker