[crossfire] Modelling monsters, longer animations?

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu May 11 05:41:10 CDT 2006

Hello.

> We can't yet see the models, until such time as they are available,
> the images generated from them are effectively unmaintable, and IMHO
> do not belong in CVS (by analogy; the images are the 'binary' that is
> produced by a model which is the 'source code' and we don't want to
> have to maintain the 'programs' without the corresponding 'source')
>
> Once the models and 'build script' that were mentioned are available
> to us, then I shall strongly support their inclusion. - especially if
> there is a nice way to render images with  a series of different
> textures (for the different building styles for example)

Actually, I'd do the following:
* put generated pics in the arch/ directory
* put models and scripts in a new 3dmodels or whatever directory

This way, we got a clean separation: arch is the pics all ready, no
supplementary required tool. 3dmodels is for people wanting to have fun with
modelling (also, maybe not all pics will be modelled)

Nicolas