[crossfire] Project Gridarta started
cher at riedquat.de
Sat May 27 07:42:28 CDT 2006
(intended audience: map makers, active gamers and developers of crossfire and
derived mmorpgs, especially angelion, crossfire, daimonin)
The DaimoninEditor, Daimonin's successor of the CFJavaEditor, has "grown up"
and become a sourceforge project of its own. It is called "Gridarta" now. The
name Gridarta combines "grid" and "art" and coincidently also reminds of
The project "Gridarta" was founded by zergus and me (Cher).
@devs: I hope I have added all relevant (in the sense of interested in active
Java map editor development) developers of Crossfire and Daimonin to the
Gridarta development team. If you think you should belong there but were
forgotten, please send me an e-mail.
@devs: Also don't forget to subscribe the gridarta mailling lists.
@all: read more on the new gridarta homepage http://gridarta.sourceforge.net/
CURRENT PROJECT PLAN
1. Import source of both, Crossfire and Daimonin's Java map editors in
2. Setup build environment which fits the needs of both projects. (done)
3. Release the first version of Gridarta for Daimonin.
4. Replace Daimonin's Java map editor in Daimonin's cvs repository with
something that gets Gridarta instead.
5. Merge Crossfire's editor into Daimonin's editor, whilst creating a test
suite which performs the required tests whether gridarta works correctly with
current crossfire resp. daimonin data.
Long live Crossfire and Daimonin! Happy mapping :)
Free software developer
E-Mail: cher at riedquat.de
More information about the crossfire