[crossfire] CVS -> SVN conversion

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Mon Sep 11 19:28:20 CDT 2006

Christian Hujer wrote:
>> 4) I don't believe the SVN by default provides support for the $Id$ string
>> version control at the top of files.
>>
> It does. It only has to be switched on for each file individually.
> It's done via
> svn propset svn:keywords Id filename
> For instance:
> cd sandbox ; find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 svn propset svn:keywords Id
> or if it's not that many files, especially none with whitespace in their name
> cd sandbox ; svn propset svn:keywords Id $(find -type f)

Oh, didn't know that. Well I think we may want to use the globl revision
number instead of each file as stated in the other section of the thread
anyways. (looking at the docs for svn:keywords, we would probably want
to use something like $Rev$)

> On the svn:externals issue for Gridarta:
> <snip>
>
> * Developers not interested in Gridarta would still be forced to checkout
> Gridarta. (Afaik svn:externals are fetched automatically during update)

Well,  that's assuming that developers do a checkout of the maps,
client, server, archetypes, etc. in one checkout, as opposed to checking
each out separately (though SVN doesn't have modules, one can always
check out the server directory without the map directory)

Alex Schultz