[crossfire] CVS -> SVN conversion

Christian Hujer cher at riedquat.de
Tue Sep 12 12:58:37 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 07:35 Mark Wedel wrote:
>   Actually, from what I gather, it seems unlikely someone would do a svn
> checkout at the top of the repository.
>
>   The reason being is that if you do that, you'll also get all the
> branches, which would amount to a pretty huge amount of data.
>
>   I doubt people would even checkout out all the trunks, but maybe wrong on
> that.  So that probably isn't as much an issue.
Did you already think about how to organize the repository?

The main question is: Do you want to apply ttb to maps, client, server etc.
independently or one for all?

Module-Individual ttb:
/<modulename>/trunk
/<modulename>/tags
/<modulename>/branches

Global ttb:
/trunk/<modulename>
/tags/<modulename>
/branches/<modulename>

Technically, I'd usually prefer the Module-individual ttb.
If so, it would be a good idea to provide a virtual module named complete (or
something better, I'll just assume the name "complete" for this example),
probably with trunk only, where trunk has svn:externals set to include the
trunks of the other modules:
cd complete;
svn propset svn:externals "maps
https://subversion.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crossfire/maps/trunk
client https://subversion.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crossfire/client/trunk"
etc..

Cu :)
--
Christian Hujer
Free software developer
mailto:cher at riedquat.de
http://www.riedquat.de/
PGP Fingerprint: 03DE 4B72 4E57 A98D C79B 24A5 212E 0217 0554 CCAB