[crossfire] New skill: fishing

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 05:21:52 CDT 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:32:56 +0200, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> I just committed a fishing pole (picture courtesy Maligor), and the
> corresponding fishing skill.

That's great, some of us wanted that for quite some time :-) thanks

> Short summary: to enable a player to fish at a certain spot (sea/river
> preferably), just put a fish in the sea's inventory, you're set :)
> Of course, ideally, new fish could be created, with their own specifics ^_-

I'd like to suggest a small change, if it isn't too pokémon-ish: if the
harvested item is a monster, then instead of coming into your inventory, it
comes in the space next to you (maybe on the space you're harvesting), and
it will attack you.  The uses are obvious -- for a hard item, you'd put it
in the monster's inventory instead (eg, sea serpent's scale).  Or you could
charm it.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----