[crossfire] Arch repository: layered art files?

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Dec 15 22:42:18 CST 2007

David Delbecq wrote:
> Mark Wedel a écrit :
>>> It's probably less work for them to download the xcf / edit / save as
>>> png then open png in photoshop, extract elements, remakes some layers,
>>> save both.
>>>
>>   Not sure I understand your explanation.  Wouldn't it be less work for them to
>> just open the PNG in photoshop, and not deal with the xcf files at all?
>>

> It's less for to download gimp and install it to edit xcf, than open png
> in photoshop and redo the layers.

  True, but it depends on the editing the person is doing.  If they do not need
to manipulate the layers, but instead just manipulate some pixels in the image,
they don't care about the layers and could just open up the png to correct the
pixels.  But if they are dealing with layers, then it is pretty clear doing
whatever to use that source image is better than trying to recreate the layers.