[crossfire] Max State Cap (was: Re: classes & guilds)

Bernd Edler edler at heydernet.de
Fri Jul 6 11:46:56 CDT 2007

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Mark Wedel wrote:

> ...  For there not to be stat limits,
> you'd have to make all the bonuses linear.
>
>  Which to some extent is a good thing I think.

Yes, linear boni would remove the somewhat "binary" stat behaviour,
where you either have 30 or crap.

If one uses max stats with exponentially increasing boni,
(as cf does now) it is considered a big archievement to reach
max stat level. (Thus the big bonus.)
Then imo an average race (human) with perfect gear,should be
able to max out 1 stat, maybe 2 at most, but never 3 or 4.
A race with uneven stats might max 3 stats provided these 3
are the empowered ones.
This is more difficult to keep in balance than open linear stats.

Regardless of the stat-effect bonus system, I'd like to keep a
balace of power between intrinsic and aquired stat boni.
( race max stat vs. items + spells ).
A hobbit wearing all strenght improvement items possible in the game
should still be weaker than a troll or quez without any.
(both having maxed natural strenght of course.)