[crossfire] Code cleaning, part 2

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Jun 7 12:29:36 CDT 2007

Hello.

Here are more things I'd like to remove from trunk:

Obsolete/old protocol things:
* item1 support, map0 / map1 / map1a, and related things map2 makes obsolete
(map_scroll, mapredraw, i think). Map2 is over one year old on the client
side, so no excuse no not support that
* non exp64 skill support. Again, this is quite old, all clients should
support that.
* face/face1 support. Again, obsoleted by face2
* pixmap/bitmap. From what I gather, those were used for xpm/bmp pics,
replaced by png years ago
* old 'Old_Mode' enum and related things in the code. I'm not even sure
clients actually still support that.

* Crossedit. Gridarta is much more powerful, Java will/is be free as speech,
so supporting it doesn't seem that high priority. It isn't actively
developed. Also of course remove related things ("editable" field from
archetypes, things like that)

As a side note: it would be nice to write (in protocol, archetypes, ...) the
date a new thing (map2) making another "obsolete" (map1a) is committed, so we
have a trace of "can be removed after some time" stuff.

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref
de l'aléatoire !]