[crossfire] Protocol version

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Jun 9 15:43:54 CDT 2007

Hello.

(this only concerns trunk)

I bumped server-side s->c version to 1028 (was 1027), to denote massive
removal.

But it was suggested on the list to change s->c et c->s versions to 2000, to
have a nice version. This would enable to remove some non required commands,
or commands that are always on (smoothing info, for instance)

Also, support for old servers could probably be phased out - change both
branch and trunk to recognize 2000 version, and in trunk server remove
support for pre 2000 clients. Assuming we do another version of branch
client, and enough time (6 months) elapses before we release 2.0, it would
make sense (given current plans, it seems 2.0 is many months, even years,
ago, so well...)

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref