[crossfire] The future of Crossfire

Juergen Kahnert crossfire at kahnert.de
Mon Jun 11 15:18:37 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:42:12AM +0200, Nicolas Weeger wrote:
> > Check out FIXME_name. They play with only two spells and two prayers
> > (magic bullet, probe, Cause Light Wounds and Minor Healing since years)
> > but they have more players than CF.
>
> I assume you mean Daimonin?

How embarrassing, just wanted to replace this FIXME with Daimonin before
sending.

> Apart that, I don't play it, so I can't comment.

Me neither. Just read the docu and stats.

> > The people like good graphics. The gameplay / deep isn't that
> > important against a pretty look and feel.
>
> I think both are important.

But graphics first. Check out this list:

    http://play-free-online-games.com/games/games_rpg.html

Imagine you don't know anything about this games. Which one would you
try first, second, third, ... and when would you try crossfire?

You'll never find out how deep crossfire is, if you never try it out,
right?

> If you got ideas to find graphists, feel free to express yourself :)

Those I know always want money for their work...

> IMO, a way to attract graphists is either other graphists, or good
> gameplay.

See above, hard to make it over gameplay. :(

So you need a really good gameplay, far better than most games and
anything else than lot of hack and slay maps...

> I think Crossfire is a 2D game, with a weird perspective :)

It's nothing to say against 2D. Just nice looking 2D is better. ;o)

    Jürgen