[crossfire] [Rebootworld] The true (hi)story

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 17:08:31 CST 2008

I know Lalo already replied to this, but I find the topic so funny that I'll
just reply, too.

> - where is the super technology that was used to create the new world?

This is valid, nothing funny.

> - why do inhabitants of this world fighting, instead of cooperating to
> become more powerful?

The same could be asked of the people of Earth. Not seeing much of this
around. There is definitely an end coming to Earth, when Sun reaches the end
of its main sequence stage and goes red giant, so the situation is actually
similar (except we know approximately the absolute maximum amount of time we
have left before our world is incinerated).

> - why aren't inhabitants formed to this history during their childhood, and
> left in ignorance? you'd definitely want "endoctrined" people to work
> together and don't waste time fighting each other

Again, look at Earth. Quite a few people have no idea of the atrocities of the
crusades, for example. And I would guess some don't even know about the world
wars and there are definitely some who claim that there was no holocaust. And
even those who know history (as it is written in their respective countries)
still go around killing, stealing, whatever. While the Elves should probably
be "better", why should be think the humans of rebootworld would be any saner
than those here on Earth?

Asking these whys is a *very* good question, unfortunately they are questions
that apply to Earth as well, so perhaps that is rationale enough for them to
apply to rebootworld as well? Rationality, reason and human behaviour do not
seem to belong together - as sad as that is.

-Juha

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja at utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|