[crossfire] New plugin: citylife - help needed

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 2 19:14:45 CST 2008

> I just committed (to trunk) the first version of a plugin named "citylife"
> that aims to add NPCs to towns.
>
> Plugin is doxygen-documented for interested people.
>
> Basic summary: when a map is loaded, adds NPCs to random zones. When the
> map is in memory, will randomly spawn NPCs from predefined points (houses
> / shops).
>
> Behaviour is for now totally dumb, NPCs will just move around randomly.
>
> Plugin relies on spawn zones and points, and archetype list (to vary NPCs
> for regions).
>
> Help would be appreciated to define the spawn zones / points for various
> towns (only Scorn is done for now) :)
> (or improve the plugin! see the todo list, or use your imagination).

Out of curiosity, how hard would it be for city life to animate other things
that are not NPCs?  Am thinking along the lines of tumbleweed, whirlwinds,
leaves and such.  Not sure it is a suggestion yet.  Was also thinking of
objects the player might be able to "walk on" rather than have them be
blocking.

I looked a bit. The zones and points in code seem odd, but I guess probably
mostly out of simplicity until it seems it catches on?

Mostly thinking out loud.