[crossfire] New plugin: citylife - help needed

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sun Feb 3 03:30:28 CST 2008

> Out of curiosity, how hard would it be for city life to animate other
> things that are not NPCs?  Am thinking along the lines of tumbleweed,
> whirlwinds, leaves and such.  Not sure it is a suggestion yet.  Was also
> thinking of objects the player might be able to "walk on" rather than have
> them be blocking.

Well, you could expand the plugin to do that. Define eg trees as spawn points
for leaves, maybe.
If one were to do that, I'd suggest to generalize, ie define
multiple "spawnable lists", each with spawn zones and points.

> I looked a bit. The zones and points in code seem odd, but I guess probably
> mostly out of simplicity until it seems it catches on?

It's a rough first implementation :)
I didn't try that hard to adapt precisely to eg the port shape, and zones can
just try to put on walls (but server won't let, of course).
Feel free to change that, of course.

In the suggested changes, it would probably make sense to define the zones in
the maps themselves, maybe, or something not closedly linked to the server...

Nicolas
--
http://nicolas.weeger.org [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref de
l'aléatoire !]