[crossfire] Map logical linking

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Feb 3 21:39:18 CST 2008

  One thing I have been a long proponent for is proper naming of the special keys.

  Many maps provide some information (rusty key, big key, etc), but many other
maps don't - you just get a special key.

  Perhaps as part of this, maybe include the map name in the msg field.

  So that if I have a pile of strange keys in my inventory, named or otherwise,
I can examine them and find out that this key is from a random set of maps, that
key is from the navar city lighthouse, etc.

  I can then know how much I care about any of them - if I'm not working on that
set of maps, that key is useless, and I can get rid of it.

  It can be annoying to have a bunch of special keys, and you may be working on
some set of maps, but still don't know how they relate.  That even holds true
for keys that have been named - 'rusty key' at least lets me differentiate it,
but I still have no clue what it is for

  Now that may be realistic - having a bunch of keys and not know what half of
them are for probably isn't that uncommon.  But point of crossfire is to be fun,
not necessarily realistic.