[crossfire] Treasures

Otto J. Makela om at iki.fi
Wed Jan 21 10:01:10 CST 2009

Can someone tell me a couple of things that have bugged me for ages?

Some treasure objects (gold nuggets, rubies, sapphires, emeralds) retrieved
from randomly generated levels do not "pile up" with similar objects retrieved
from normal maps. I assume this means they are in some fundamental way
different (weight, value, something else?) from the "normal" treasure objects.
Pearls and diamonds from random levels do seem to be "normal" in this respect.

Is this intentional, or some kind of a random side-effect?

And now that I've got to the random treasure objects, is it also intentional
that amethysts are never generated as "random gem" on maps? Have they somehow
been depreciated in the game engine, or are they significantly more valuable
than other gems? Just the fact that they would need to be buyable at banks,
and yet another table would be needed for this?

And the same question on opals, which do not appear at all in the standard
maps (only place I can find them is unlinked/kandora/elcyon/temple)?

--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om at iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 42 7655772, ICBM: 60N 25E */