[crossfire] Changing connection texts

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Nov 28 13:12:23 CST 2009

>   While you may jest, I still think that last comment is true.
>
>   As a very basic level, the client could request both the username &
> password at once for login, with another button with something like 'create
> new character'
>
>   Depending on what the user does, gets appropriate results - while I've
> advocated rewriting the character creation process, that wouldn't need to
> happen in this case - if the user clicks new character, it just dumps them
> in the existing character creation area (but the messages there could
> perhaps be customized a little better 'Enter desired character name', 'that
> character name is already in use', 'Please enter password for this
> character', type of thing.
>
>   If the user instead tries to login with invalid character name/password,
> it should just print out a message like 'incorrect login', and not try to
> create a new character for them, and try again - if the user really wants
> to create a new character, they should explicitly have to hit the 'create
> new character button'

What I'd suggest:
- introduce user accounts, to group characters
- let the client gather login, check if account exists, then either ask for
password or help create account

After logged in with user account, let select character or create a new one.
Maybe ingame already - like in a map.

Any volunteer to code? :)

Nicolas
--